This resource helps teachers deliver the Financial Capability Unit Standard 28097 ‘Analyse and select banking products and services in relation to personal finances’ (Level 2, 3 Credits). Students will learn about banking products and services, and the different ways of accessing them securely for personal financial needs.
Financial Capability is a core generic domain on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. This unit of work also has links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Banking: US 28097Download overview
Students taking part will
- Investigate banks and their fees
- Investigate and compare online banking services
- Understand different ways to access banks and balances
- Learn how to use a cheque
- Compare various types of accounts
- Learn about and compare loans and mortgage rates
- Compare credit and debit cards
- Learn about safety and security with banking services
- Complete a practice assessment
For access to the detailed Teaching Guide and Student Assessment for this Unit Standard, please contact us via email at: email@example.com