This resource is designed for Personal Financial Management Unit Standard 28097 ‘Evaluate and select personal banking products and services in relation to personal financial needs’ (Level 2, 3 credits). Students will learn about the variety of banking mechanisms and available products.
Through this unit, students will:
- Identify and explain the advantages and disadvantages of a variety of personal banking products
- Apply their knowledge to make recommendations in a given scenario.
Personal Financial Management is a core generic domain on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. This unit of work also has links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Banking Products & Services: US 28097Download overview
Students taking part will
- Learn about different ways in which we can conduct personal banking and the banking products available
- Learn about banking security, insurance options
- Complete an open-book assessment where they describe and select different banking products, and access mechanisms for a given scenario
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of each banking product
For access to the detailed Teaching Guide and Student Assessment for this Unit Standard, please contact us via email at: email@example.com
- Activity: 28097 Student Workbook
- Teaching guide: Using financial capability unit standards