This resource helps teachers deliver the Financial Capability Unit Standard 28097 ‘Analyse and select banking products and services in relation to personal finances’ (Level 2, 3 Credits). Students will learn about banking products and services, and the different ways of accessing them securely for personal financial needs.
Financial Capability is a core generic domain on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. This unit of work also has links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Click here for an Interactive Financial Capability US Matrix
Banking: US 28097Download overview
Students taking part will
- Investigate banks and their fees
- Investigate and compare online banking services
- Understand different ways to access banks and balances
- Learn how to use a cheque
- Compare various types of accounts
- Learn about and compare loans and mortgage rates
- Compare credit and debit cards
- Learn about safety and security with banking services
- Complete a practice assessment
For access to the detailed Teaching Guide and Student Assessment for this Unit Standard, please contact us via email at: email@example.com