The Budgeting Quiz includes five short activities that help students calculate costs for a trip to Melbourne. The five activities can be completed across different days, or collectively as one larger activity. This resource is designed for Year 9-10 students and has great links to both the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics curriculum areas.
Through this unit, students will:
- Learn about budgeting and its’ importance
- Understand concepts such as surplus and deficit
- Calculate costs for each part of the journey
- Learn how to calculate foreign exchange
This resource links to the Mathematics and Statistics and Social Sciences curricula, and helps students to develop their financial capability skills.
Budgeting QuizDownload overview
Students taking part will
- Plan the cost of travel within the budget
- Calculate the options for entertainment within the budget
- Manage the cost of a family dinner within the budget
- Plan the cost of accommodation within the budget
- Calculate exchange rates between Australia and New Zealand