This resource helps teachers deliver the Financial Capability Unit Standard 28103 ‘Analyse and select personal financing options for purchasing a property’ (Level 3, 4 Credits). Students will learn about options for financing the purchase of a house and will study and compare the advantages and disadvantages of a range of finance options.
Financial Capability is a core generic domain on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. This unit of work also has links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Click here for an Interactive Financial Capability US Matrix
Buying your First Home: US 28103Download overview
Students taking part will
- Investigate various mortgage options
- Calculate interest on home loans
- Investigate aspects of different finance companies
- Learn about other property related factors such as LIM reports, building inspections, insurance, legal fees, and maintenance
- Complete a practice assessment
For access to the marking guidelines and Student Assessment for this Unit Standard, please contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org