This resource helps teachers deliver the Financial Capability Unit Standard 28103 ‘Analyse and select personal financing options for purchasing a property’ (Level 3, 4 Credits). Students will learn about options for financing the purchase of a house. You will study and compare the advantages and disadvantages of a range of finance options.
Financial Capability is a core generic domain on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. This unit of work also has links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Buying your First Home: US 28103Download overview
Students taking part will
- Investigate various mortgage options
- Calculate interest on home loans
- Investigate aspects of different finance companies
- Learn about other property related factors such as LIM reports, building inspections, insurance, legal fees, and maintenance
- Complete a practice assessment
For access to the detailed Teaching Guide and Student Assessment for this Unit Standard, please contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org