This resource helps teachers deliver the Financial Capability Unit Standard 28104 'Analyse the impact(s) of external factors on personal finances' (Level 3, 3 credits). Students will learn how local, national and global events can impact on personal finances. Events include interest rate changes, inflation, economic environment changes, societal or demographic trends, climatic change, political change, environmental issues, and legislation.
Through this unit, students will:
- Understand how local, national and global events can impact on an individual’s personal finances
- Articulate the short, medium and long term effects of such events.
Financial Capability is a core generic domain on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. This unit of work also has links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Click here for an Interactive Financial Capability US Matrix
Cause & Effect: US 28104Download overview
Students taking part will
- Discuss a range of local, national and global events and examine their impacts on personal finances
- Explain what they believe are the short, medium and long-term impacts of such events
- Complete a practice assessment
For access to the marking guidelines and Student Assessment for this Unit Standard, please contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org