Young Enterprise has created a series of board games to help students become more financially capable. Climb The Money Tree is a Snakes and Ladders-style game that teaches students about earning, saving, spending and sharing money. Students advance through 3 levels of play.
Through Climb the Money Tree, students will:
- Learn of different ways to earn, save, spend and share money
- Learn how to record and track their savings
Personal Financial Management is a fundamental part of a young person’s education. Climb The Money Tree is designed to support the development of all 5 key competencies. The game also has strong links to the Social Sciences, English and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Climb the Money TreeDownload overview
Students taking part will
- Play the game in groups
- Level 1 play - race to the end square to determine a winner
- Level 2 play - complete a cashbook entry each time they take a turn, with 2 winners determined at the end of the game
- Level 3 play - continue with the cashbook system, and roll 2 dice at each turn before choosing which dice to use.
- Climb the Money Tree Teaching Guide
- Game Template: Climb The Money Tree Cash Champion award
- Game Template: Climb The Money Tree Speed Champion award
- Game Board: Climb The Money Tree
- Game Rules: Climb The Money Tree
- Game Template: Climb The Money Tree Cash Book
- Assessment: Climb The Money Tree Rubric