Young Enterprise has created a series of board games which help students become more financially capable. Decisions teaches students to balance saving and volunteer work. The board includes a range of paid and volunteer jobs and students aim to save $50 and complete 6 hours of volunteering.
Through Decisions, students will:
- Learn how to keep and update a personal cash book
- Understand the importance of volunteering.
Personal Financial Management is a fundamental part of a young person’s education. Decisions is designed to support the five key competencies. The game also has strong links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Students taking part will
- Keep a record of their transactions in a personal cash book which is updated throughout the game
- At each turn, make a note of their paid or volunteer activities, and any progress towards their savings goal.
- Decisions Teaching Guide
- Assessment: Decisions Rubric
- Game Board: Decisions
- Game Template: Decisions Cash Book
- Game Rules