Dollars and Cents is a fun quiz which helps Year 7-8 students learn about key concepts such as earning, spending and saving. The quiz helps students learn about financial capability while improving their maths skills. There are five parts to the quiz, which you can deliver over a week or have students complete all five at once.
Through Dollars and Cents, students will:
- Learn about earning income in New Zealand
- Understand the difference between needs and wants
- Learn about the importance of saving
- Explore, and make calculations related to community giving and donations
- Learn about investing in shares