The story is about a class of students who Make Mud! It is a hot day, and they have resources! They have the human talent (imagination and enterprise), water, dirt and time, but not much more. This story covers how decisions are made and how resources are used to make stuff.
- How decisions are made.
- What resources are.
- Resources are used to make goods and services we want.
- Resources are limited, some more than others.
- Best decisions consider all the choices and relevant criteria.
This unit of work relates to the following key competencies and values:
Thinking; Relating to Others; Excellence; Innovation, Inquiry and Curiosity; Equity; Community; Respect.
Enterprising Storybook 3: Let's Make MudDownload overview
Students taking part will
- Learn that resources are used to make things.
- Practice brainstorming ideas, deciding criteria, making choices and taking action, while learning these are essential to making good decisions.
- ESB3: Let's Make Mud