This resource helps teachers deliver the Financial Capability Unit Standard 28089 ‘Demonstrate understanding of personal financial goal setting’ (Level 1, 3 Credits). Students will learn about financial goals and the importance of setting goals to achieve personal objectives. The impact of SMART goals on spending behavior will be identified. Students will practice setting and making a budget and will learn about the benefit of monitoring set budgets and making any necessary adjustments in order to achieve goals.
Financial Capability is a core generic domain on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. This unit of work also has links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Click here for an Interactive Financial Capability US Matrix
Goal Setting: US 28089Download overview
Students taking part will
- Write personal financial goals
- Set various goals that span different time frames
- Keep a financial diary
- Learn about monitoring and adjusting a budget to reach goals
- Complete a practice assessment
For access to the marking guidelines and Student Assessment for this Unit Standard, please contact us via email at: email@example.com
- Using Financial Capability Unit Standards
- Activity: 28089 Interactive Student Workbook
- Helpful information