The Hot Topics series includes 12 short units designed to improve students’ financial capability. Hot Topic 10 introduces students to a range of taxation measures including income tax, PAYE and GST. Students will learn how to get an IRD number, calculate their tax code and will perform some simple tax calculations.
Through this Hot Topic, students will
- Learn about different forms of taxation in New Zealand
- Understand how to calculate tax over a range of scenarios
Personal Financial Management is a fundamental part of a young person’s education. The Hot Topics series is designed to support the development of the key competencies. The series also has links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Hot Topic 10: TaxationDownload overview
Students taking part will
- Learn about income tax, PAYE and GST
- Discover how to get an IRD number and calculate their tax code
- Calculate income tax and GST for a variety of scenarios
- Learn how to read and calculate payslip information