The Hot Topics series includes 12 short units designed to improve students’ financial capability. Hot Topic 2 introduces students to banking, bank accounts and interest. Students will examine the process of opening a bank account and look at the different types of accounts available. They will also look at simple and compound interest.
- Learn about the different types of bank accounts available
- Understand the difference between simple and compound interest.
Personal Financial Management is a fundamental part of a young person’s education. The Hot Topics series is designed to support the development of the key competencies. The series also has links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Hot Topic 2 : BankingDownload overview
Students taking part will
- Discover how to open a bank account with a New Zealand bank
- Research the different types of bank accounts from two banks
- Choose two accounts and compare the differences
- Calculate simple and compound interest on savings