The Hot Topics series includes 12 short units designed to improve students’ financial capability. Hot Topic 3 introduces students to the concept of impulse buying. Students will learn about the ways in which retailers promote impulse buying and how they can combat their urge to buy.
Through this unit, students will:
- Learn to identify the behaviours associated with impulse buying
- Understand how to prevent impulse buying occurring.
Personal Financial Management is a fundamental part of a young person’s education. The Hot Topics series is designed to support the development of the key competencies. The series also has links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Hot Topic 3: Impulse BuyingDownload overview
Students taking part will
- Read an online article and use the knowledge to answer questions about impulse buying
- Calculate how much money has been used in impulse buying using the given scenarios.
- Activity: Impulse Buying workbook