The Hot Topics series includes 12 short units designed to improve students’ financial capability. Hot Topic 7 explains how exchange rates can affect individuals, importers and exporters. Students will learn about foreign currency and exchange rates, discuss how exchange rate changes can affect people and take part in a currency trading challenge.
Through this Hot Topic, students will:
- Understand and articulate how changes in exchange rates can impact on people in different situations
- Examine exchange rates for a variety of countries worldwide.
Personal Financial Management is a fundamental part of a young person’s education. The Hot Topics series is designed to support the development of the key competencies. The series also has links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Hot Topic 7: Exchange RatesDownload overview
Students taking part will
- Discuss how exchange rate changes impact importers and exporters
- Research how the currency values of 7 countries have changed recently
- Complete a currency trading challenge.