This resource helps teachers deliver the Financial Capability Unit Standard 28096 ‘Demonstrate understanding of insurance products for personal financial capability (Level 2, 3 Credits). Students will learn about the importance of full disclosure when initiating an insurance policy and the consequences of non-disclosure.
Financial Capability is a core generic domain on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. This unit of work also has links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Click here for an Interactive Financial Capability US Matrix
Insurance Products: US 28096Download overview
Students taking part will
- Investigate car, travel, house, contents, health, income protection and life insurance
- Investigate levels of excess on insurance types
- Explain risks related to disclosure and non-disclosure
- Complete a practice assessment
For access to the detailed Teaching Guide and Student Assessment for this Unit Standard, please contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Activity: 28096 Interactive Student Workbook
- Helpful information
- Fin C matrix