Jack’s Cashbook Story is a one-hour financial education lesson. It is perfect for students at Level 2 of the curriculum. Students read the story and then complete activities to improve their financial capability.
Through Jack’s Cashbook Story, students will
- Learn how to record financial transactions using a cashbook
- Become familiar with the concepts of earning, spending, saving and sharing
- Understand the difference between needs and wants
- Understand that people can have different financial behaviours
This resource has strong links to the Social Sciences curriculum and at least two of the key competencies (Relating to others; Using language, symbols and texts). The lesson also helps students to develop their financial capability skills.
Jack's Cashbook StoryDownload overview
Students taking part will
- Read the story and compare Jack’s financial behaviours to their own
- Complete a cashbook using both words and numbers
- Discuss Jack’s financial behaviours
- Jack's Cashbook Story Teaching Guide
- Template: Cashbook
- Template: Jacks Story
- Template: Financial Ideas