This resource helps teachers deliver the Financial Capability Unit Standard 28091 ‘Explain risks and risk management strategies for personal finances’ (Level 1, 3 Credits). Students will learn about risks associated with different asset groups and understand what risk management strategies could be used to manage and minimise these risks.
Financial Capability is a core generic domain on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. This unit of work also has links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Click here for an Interactive Financial Capability US Matrix
Managing Your Risk: US 28091Download overview
Students taking part will
- Investigate a range of specific insurance options for personal assets
- Learn about risks and management strategies for bank accounts and investments
- Learn about risks and management strategies associated with identity and access to personal information
- Learn about the financial risks that can affect self-health and well-being/haurora
- Learn about risks associated with sources of future income and management strategies to protect future income
- Learn about how wills are used as a management strategy
- Complete a practice assessment
For access to the detailed Teaching Guide and Student Assessment for this Unit Standard, please contact us via email at: email@example.com