Five short activities that help Year 9-10 students improve their financial literacy and maths skills. Excellent for group work, independent learning or extension.
Through Money Matters, students will
- Examine the financial implications of common scenarios
- Learn about a range of topics including student loans, tax and interest.
This resource links to the Mathematics and Statistics and Social Sciences curricula, and helps students to develop their financial capability skills.
Money MattersDownload overview
Students taking part will
- Learn about the benefits and costs of mobile phone plans
- Calculate the income tax payable in a range of scenarios
- Learn about foreign exchange calculations
- Understand the difference between simple interest and compound interest
- Calculate student loan repayments
- Monday: Mobile Phone Plans
- Monday: Answers
- Tuesday: Taxation
- Tuesday: Answers
- Wednesday: Foreign Exchange
- Wednesday: Answers
- Thursday: Interest
- Thursday: Answers
- Friday: Student Loans
- Friday: Answers