This resource helps teachers deliver the Financial Capability Unit Standard 28093 ‘Describe the financial responsibilities and consequences of tertiary study funding options’ (Level 2, 3 Credits). Students will learn about the financial responsibilities of tertiary study funding options. You will study a range of funding options and consider their consequences, both in the present and in the future.
This resource is currently being updated ready for the start of term - broken links fixed and updated content. You can download now but please check you have the latest version before using it in the classroom.
Financial Capability is a core generic domain on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. This unit of work also has links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Student Loans and Tertiary Study: US 28093Download overview
Students taking part will
- Learn about ten different tertiary funding options
- Understand interest charged on loans
- Learn about when you have to pay back your loan
- Advantages and disadvantages of student loans
- Explore other funding options and their advantages and disadvantages
- Investigate scholarships
- Investigate cadetship options
- Investigate internship options
- Understand the different components of tertiary study costs
- Complete a practice assessment
For access to the detailed Teaching Guide and Student Assessment for this Unit Standard, please contact us via email at: email@example.com