Young Enterprise has created a series of board games to help students become more financially capable. Success Saver is a board game that teaches students about balancing savings with volunteer work. Students aim to work their way around the board, saving $20 while completing 4 hours of volunteering.
Through Success Saver, students will:
- Learn how to keep and update a personal cash book
- Learn the difference between paid work, volunteer work and leisure time
- Understand the importance of volunteering.
Personal Financial Management is a fundamental part of a young person’s education. Success Saver is designed to support the 5 key competencies. The game also has strong links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Success SaverDownload overview
Students taking part will
- Keep a record of their transactions in a personal cash book which is updated throughout the game
- At each turn, make a note of their paid or volunteer activities, and any progress towards their savings goal.