Tactix helps students learn how to make good financial decisions. The game shows students a range of income, expenses and choices that can take place in any given month.
Through Tactix, students will:
- Understand key concepts including income and expenses, needs and wants and financial risk.
- Learn how personal choices can impact their financial position.
- Learn about social responsibility and the benefits of unpaid work.
Personal Financial Management is a fundamental part of a young person’s education. Tactix is designed to support the development of the key competencies. The game also has strong links to the Mathematics and Statistics and Social Sciences learning areas.
Students taking part will
- Record the monthly transactions that need to take place
- Move around the board and adjust their Personal Cash Book to reflect the impact of the square they land on
- Make choices around earning, spending, saving
- Collect Fun Tokens and Purchase Tokens throughout the game
- Calculate their personal statement of financial position