This resource helps teachers deliver the Financial Capability Unit Standard 28092 ‘Analyse the effect of significant life events at different life stages on personal financial income’ (Level 2, Credits 3). Students will learn about different life stages and the impact of events in people’s lives and how this affects their ability to secure an income, earned or unearned.
Financial Capability is a core generic domain on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. This unit of work also has links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Click here for an Interactive Financial Capability US Matrix
To Analyse Personal Income: US 28092Download overview
Students taking part will
- Investigate sources of income for different life stages
- Research various jobs and types of payment
- Calculate interest earned on savings
- Research dividends paid on shares
- Calculate income from other investments
- Investigate how life events affect personal income
- Complete a practice assessment
For access to the detailed Teaching Guide and Student Assessment for this Unit Standard, please contact us via email at: email@example.com
- Using Financial Capability Unit Standards
- Activity: 28092 Interactive Student Workbook
- Helpful information