This resource helps teachers deliver the Financial Capability Unit Standard 28087 ‘Demonstrate understanding of the effect of life stages on personal income’ (Level 1, 3 credits). Students will learn about the effect of life stages on personal income including the benefits of planning for changes in income sources at different life stages.
Financial Capability is a core generic domain on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. This unit of work also has links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Click here for an Interactive Financial Capability US Matrix
Understanding Personal Income: US 28087Download overview
Students taking part will
- Identify life stages
- Recognise the effect of life stages on personal income
- Develop a financial plan with consideration to life stages
- Complete a practice assessment
For access to the detailed Teaching Guide and Student Assessment for this Unit Standard, please contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using Financial Capability Unit Standards
- Activity: 28087 Interactive Student Workbook
- Helpful information