This resource helps teachers deliver the Financial Capability Unit Standard 28099 ‘Analyse credit options and select strategies to manage personal finances’ (Level 3, 3 Credits). Students will learn about credit options, debt management and strategies to manage personal finances. You will analyse credit options in terms of their advantages and disadvantages in relation to a range of components.
This resource is currently being updated ready for the start of term - broken links fixed and updated content. You can download now but please check you have the latest version before using it in the classroom.
Financial Capability is a core generic domain on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. This unit of work also has links to the Social Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics learning areas.
Using Credit - Minimise Your Debt: US 28099Download overview
Students taking part will
- Investigate various credit options from different banks
- Investigate personal loan options from different banks
- Investigate different hire-purchase options
- Obtain a mortgage quote
- Understand the features of credit options
- Complete various exercises calculating deposits, interest, and repayments
- Investigate fees relating to credit options
- Learn requirements relating to credit contracts
- Consider consequences of credit and debt
- Select strategies to manage personal finances
- Complete a practice assessment
For access to the detailed Teaching Guide and Student Assessment for this Unit Standard, please contact us via email at: email@example.com