YES Auckland Roaming Teacher
aka 'Arranger of Awesome'
If you’re an experienced YES teacher with the passion and energy to provide support for Auckland schools participating in Young Enterprise programmes, we want to hear from you!
As a Young Enterprise Scheme Roaming Teacher for Auckland, you will provide in-school support to teachers in Auckland who teach enterprise, business, and/or financial literacy standards, thereby creating greater learning outcomes and impact for their students. In addition to supporting and developing teachers, you will work directly with YES students.
Key responsibilities for the YES Auckland Roaming Teacher include:
- Train and develop teachers around enterprise and financial literacy programmes
- Assist teachers and students in preparing for YES Challenges and opportunities
- Recruit schools to participate in enterprise, business and/or financial literacy at both a junior and senior level
- Contribute to the development of new resources, assessment, and programmes
Why might this be the right opportunity for you:
- Opportunity to use all your skills from teaching in a different way
- Learning from and networking with others – you get to see first-hand what 30 other teachers are doing
- A temporary change of scene from being a classroom teacher
A successful candidate must have:
- A minimum of five years teaching experience, with some of that time in New Zealand
- Experience in teaching YES with NCEA Business Studies Achievement Standards, and a record of success in getting students through to the completion of the programme
Tell us why you are the right person to take Young Enterprise to the next level in the Auckland region in your CV and Cover Letter. Please include details of 2 referees as well.
Applications close at 9:00pm Sunday 18 October 2020.
- Term: this is a one-year fixed-term contract from January – December 2021, though there may be an option to renew for a further one or two years depending on funding
- Salary: your salary will be your current salary as per the teachers’ collective agreement. Any salary increases as part of the collective agreement during the secondment period will be honoured
- Annual Leave: this entitlement will be different from the collective agreement and will align with the rest of the team at Young Enterprise. Individual will have 4-weeks annual leave during the secondment. During school holidays, you will be doing planning for Auckland and resource development at a national level